“The Subtle Act Of Not Giving A F*uck” Quotes By Mark Manson
Mark Manson is the founder of the blog site “The Mental Illness Happy Hour”, which is a popular resource for people who are struggling with mental illness. He is also the author of the book “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck”.
Born and raised in Southern California, Manson became interested in mental illness. More than two million people visit MarkManson.net, one of the most popular personal growth websites in the world, on a monthly basis, and 500,000 people subscribe to his blog. He started the blog in 2009 to share his experiences and help others who are also struggling.
Below are some popular quotes on his book the subtle act of not giving a f*uck… The quotes from this book will inspire you more
Mark Manson Quotes on his Book
- The more something threatens your identity, the more you will avoid it.-Mark Manson.
- Don’t just sit there. Do something. The answers will follow. -Mark Manson
- Who you are is defined by what you’re willing to struggle for. -Mark Manson
- The desire for more positive experience is itself a negative experience. And, paradoxically, the acceptance of one’s negative experience is itself a positive experience. -Mark Manson.
- Life is essentially an endless series of problems. The solution to one problem is merely the creation of another. -Mark Manson
- To be happy we need something to solve. Happiness is therefore a form of action; -Mark Manson
- This is the most simple and basic component of life: our struggles determine our successes.
Long Quotes by Mark Manson
- You and everyone you know are going to be dead soon. And in the short amount of time between here and there, you have a limited amount of fucks to give. Very few, in fact. And if you go around giving a fuck about everything and everyone without conscious thought or choice—well, then you’re going to get fucked. -Mark Manson
- Everything worthwhile in life is won through surmounting the associated negative experience. Any attempt to escape the negative, to avoid it or quash it or silence it, only backfires. The avoidance of suffering is a form of suffering. The avoidance of struggle is a struggle. The denial of failure is a failure. Hiding what is shameful is itself a form of shame.
- Pain is an inextricable thread in the fabric of life, and to tear it out is not only impossible, but destructive: attempting to tear it out unravels everything else with it. To try to avoid pain is to give too many fucks about pain. In contrast, if you’re able to not give a fuck about the pain, you become unstoppable.” – Mark Manson
- Unhealthy love is based on two people trying to escape their problems through their emotions for each other—in other words, they’re using each other as an escape. Healthy love is based on two people acknowledging and addressing their own problems with each other’s support. -Mark Manson.
- There is a simple realization from which all personal improvement and growth emerges. This is the realization that we, individually, are responsible for everything in our lives, no matter the external circumstances. We don’t always control what happens to us. But we always control how we interpret what happens to us, as well as how we respond. Whether we consciously recognize it or not, we are always responsible for our experiences. It’s impossible not to be. Choosing to not consciously interpret events in our lives is still an interpretation of the events of our lives. Choosing -Mark Manson.
Related post: 8 Best Books To Learn Valuable Skills in 2022
Mark Manson Quotes ( A Counterintuitive Approach to living a good life)
- People get addicted to feeling offended all the time because it gives them a high; being self-righteous and morally superior feels good. -Mark Manson
- If you’re stuck on a problem, don’t sit there and think about it; just start working on it. Even if you don’t know what you’re doing, the simple act of working on it will eventually cause the right ideas to show up in your head. -Mark Manson.
- Not giving a fuck does not mean being indifferent; it means being comfortable with being different. No matter where you go, there’s a five-hundred-pound load of shit waiting for you. And that’s perfectly fine. The point isn’t to get away from the shit. The point is to find the shit you enjoy dealing with.
- Decision-making based on emotional intuition, without the aid of reason to keep it in line, pretty much always sucks. You know who bases their entire lives on their emotions? Three-year-old kids. And dogs. You know what else three-year-olds and dogs do? Shit on the carpet. -Mark Manson
- Our crisis is no longer material; it’s existential, it’s spiritual. We have so much fucking stuff and so many opportunities that we don’t even know what to give a fuck about anymore. -Mark Manson
- Romeo and Juliet is synonymous with “romance” in our culture today. It is seen as the love story in English-speaking culture, an emotional ideal to live up to. Yet when you really get down to what happens in the story, these kids are absolutely out of their fucking minds. And they just killed themselves to prove it.
You can check out Goodreads for more on “Mark Manson Quotes and thought on his book the subtle act of not giving a f*uck”