Reliable Quotes and Words of Encouragement for Hard times
The power of encouragement can’t be overlooked. One technique we can utilize to raise our mood and maintain our mental health is positive quotes of encouragement. On pleasant days, the best way to show encouragement to your close ones or friends is either by smiling, listening to them, showing signs of acknowledgment, noticing them doing something right, and letting them know. Moreover sharing positive thoughts as soon as they occur to you, giving praise for effort and progress, telling them how they helped you in one way or the other, and also boosting their morale are good ways of encouragement.
In this article, we have compiled about 250 reliable quotes and words of encouragement to use for hard times… You can as well share this with your friends, spouse, or family relatives whenever needed. Quotes of Encouragement are needed because in the middle of difficulties lies an opportunity.
Positive Encouraging Quotes.
Let others feel confident because of your special magnificence and contagious optimism. Bring your sunshine wherever you go, regardless of the weather. You must stand where the light is shining if you want it to enter your life. Success is the culmination of tiny actions taken repeatedly every day. These compiled quotes of encouragement will guide you through;
- It is never too late to be what you might have been.”– George Eliot
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there.”– Theodore Roosevelt
- Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.”– William James
- All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
- You make a life out of what you have, not what you’re missing.” – Kate Morton.
- The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.”– Michael Altshuler
- My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive – Maya Angelou
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.“ – Frederick Douglass
- “When we stop opposing reality, the action becomes simple, fluid, kind, and fearless.” – Byron Katie
- “A successful man can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “Be thankful for what you have and you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” – Bruce Barton
- “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” – Napoleon Hill.
- “I believe that one defines oneself by reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself. To cut yourself out of stone.” – Henry Rollins.
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
- “A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for.” – Albert Einstein.
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins.
Life Quotes of Encouragement.
- Being motivated is more than simply doing the things we have to do. It’s also about identifying and cutting out the things we should stop. -Andrew Alexander.
- We all can replace a negative thought with a positive one. You must be aware of what you are thinking about! -Yvonne Haughton.
- Encourage continued communication sometimes all it takes is a nod of your head or a brief word, or listening sounds. -Clive Harman.
- We can become quiet and by doing so the door to Silence opens. -Robert Sardello.
- Don’t work 70 hours a week just to get paid. Spend time upfront determining your purpose. -Andrew Tye
- Comfort comes from knowing you’ve done the right thing, no matter what people think. –Richard Daly.
- There is always a simple, down-to-earth word that says the same thing as the showoff fad word or vague abstraction. -Kenneth Roman.
- So, before you even get out of bed, give silent thanks for another day on this earth. -Sumit Gautam.
- Change can hurt, be uncomfortable, and be difficult in the beginning. Remember this English Proverb: Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” -Lisa Rusczyk Ed.D
- The power of God is inherent in His Word and it heals, delivers, comforts saves, corrects, and encourages us. -Joyce Meyer.
- Whatever your set of circumstances the ability to work from home gives you the potential to improve your overall work-life balance. -Aaron Dann.
- Rarely is a better life achieved by following the same path. -Dean Gualco.
Good morning Encouraging Quotes and Words.
There’s no better way to wake up in the morning with a smile of encouragement on your face that the day is going to be a great day… Check out this
- “Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day.” – Paul Henderson
- “Today’s goals: Coffee and kindness. Maybe two coffees, and then kindness.” – Nanea Hoffman
- “An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “I wake up every morning at nine and grab for the morning paper. Then I look at the obituary page. If my name is not on it, I get up.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Every morning, I wake up saying, ‘I’m still alive, a miracle.’ And so I keep on pushing.” — Jim Carrey
- “If you’re changing the world, you’re working on important things. You’re excited to get up in the morning.” – Larry Page
- “When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “I like freedom. I wake up in the morning and say, ‘I don’t know, should I have a popsicle or a donut?’ You know, who knows?” – Oscar Nunez
- “Smile in the mirror. Do that every morning and you’ll start to see a big difference in your life.” – Yoko Ono
- “Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.” – Wayne Huizenga
- “Morning comes whether you set the alarm or not.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “I used to love night best but the older I get the more treasures and hope and joy I find in mornings.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Morning is an important time of day because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.” – Lemony Snicket
- “It is in the early morning hour that the unseen is seen and that the far-off beauty and glory, vanquishing all their vagueness, move down upon us till they stand clear as crystal close over against the soul.” – Sarah Smiley
- “Everyone has highs and lows that they have to learn from, but every morning I start with a good head on my shoulders, saying to myself, ‘It’s going to be a good day!” – Lindsay Lohan
- “I’m always thinking about creating. My future starts when I wake up every morning. Every day I find something creative to do with my life.” – Miles Davis
- “Lose an hour in the morning, and you will spend all day looking for it.” – Richard Whately
- “Now that your eyes are open, make the sun jealous with your burning passion to start the day. Make the sun jealous or stay in bed.” – Malak El Halabi
- “First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, ‘I believe,’ three times.” – Ovid
- “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.” – Larry King
- “I wake up laughing. Yes, I wake up in the morning and there I am just laughing my head off.” – Bruce Willis
- “When I wake up in the morning, I feel like a billionaire without paying taxes.” – Ernie Banks
- “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” – Elon Musk
- “Every morning was a cheerful invitation to make my life of equal simplicity, and I may say innocence, with Nature herself.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “In these times you have to be an optimist to open your eyes when you awake in the morning.” – Carl Sandburg
- “I like to work in the morning. I like to sometimes go to a place where I’m all alone where I’m not going to get a phone call early that hurts my feelings because once my feelings are hurt, I’m dead in the water.” – Francis Ford Coppola
- “Something special awaits you each day. All you need is to recognize it and make the most of it. Have a positive attitude throughout the day and then that today is going to be the best day of your life.” — Anonymous
- “You know that feeling when you wake up in the morning and you’re excited for the day? That’s one of my main goals in life.” – Kirsten Dunst
- “I learned to love myself because I sleep with myself every night and I wake up with myself every morning, and if I don’t like myself, there’s no reason to even live the life.” – Gabourey Sidibe
- “I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.” – E. B. White
- “One key to success is to have lunch at the time of day most people have breakfast.” – Robert Brault
- “I wake up in the morning and my heart is light, man. It’s not heavy. I don’t have skeletons in the closet on their way out.” – Drake
- “Every morning, my dad would have me looking in the mirror and repeat: “Today is going to be a great day; I can, and I will.” – Gina Rodriguez
- “The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you. Don’t go back to sleep.” – Rumi
What can I say to encourage someone?
I hope your life is one you can be proud of, and if it isn’t, I hope you have the courage to start anew.” Make sure your feet are in the proper positions before standing firmly. Be steadfast in the little things since there is where your power lies. “A new day brings with it fresh energy and ideas.
Cancer Quotes of Encouragement.
We all know that living with cancer isn’t all rainbows and butterflies, and it can be challenging to emerge from a depressing frame of mind. But the majority of us have that one message of inspiration and hope that somehow manages to help put things into perspective and inspire optimism. Compiled quotes of encouragement for cancer patients are available for you to use at hard times of life.
- You can be a victim of cancer or a survivor of cancer. It’s a mindset.” – Dave Pelzer
- “Above all, cancer is a spiritual practice that teaches me about faith and resilience.” – Kris Carr
- “When cancer happens, you don’t put life on hold. You live now.” – Fabi Powell
- “Cancer may have started the fight, but I will finish it.” – Anonymous
- “What cancer cannot do: cancer is so limited. It cannot cripple love. It cannot shatter hope. It cannot corrode faith. It cannot destroy peace. It cannot kill friendship. It cannot suppress memories. It cannot silence courage. It cannot invade the soul. It cannot steal eternal life. It cannot conquer the spirit.” – Anonymous
- “Never give up. Life is worth living. There is life after cancer.” – Anonymous
- “Beat cancer. Small steps every day.” – Anonymous
- “I have cancer. Cancer doesn’t have me.” – Marco Calderon
- “The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” – Vladimir Ilʹich Lenin
- “I’m battling cancer. It’s another battle I intend to win.” – Arlen Specter
- “Cancer is the be-all and end-all of the sport, and the only thing you can do is show up to the game with your jersey on.” – Colleen Hoover
- Cancer is a journey, but you walk the road alone. There are many places to stop along the way and get nourishment. You just have to be willing to take it.” – Emily Hollenberg
- “Surviving cancer is not the end of a gruesome story. It’s the beginning of a beautiful one.” – Anonymous
- “Cancer doesn’t define who you are. You do it, so keep going.” – Nelda Blair
- “I had cancer. Cancer never had me. You are not defined by what you are going through. Cancer will never have you. You are much more than your disease.” – Anonymous
- “If you loved your life before cancer, do not be afraid of life after cancer. You will find beauty again.” – Anonymous
- “You have to fight because if you don’t, you let the opponent win. And if your opponent is cancer, the results can be deadly.” – Lawrence Wray
- “You are stronger than cancer. Beat it.” – Odeta Stuikys Rose
Quotes of Encouragement for Him.
- Just saying your name to myself lights me up inside and helps me keep going.
- Running short on patience with the world right now. Need to be reminded of yours.
- You’re the one I worry about the least — but also the one I think about the most.
- Until I can see you face to face, this is a virtual kiss from your biggest admirer.
- I know you don’t think I need you. But there’s no one whose company I want as much as yours.
- I can handle anything if you’re with me. I’m stronger and braver with you.
- Just when I think I couldn’t be more impressed by you, you prove me wrong.
- I never thought I needed a hero until I met you. And you’re all the hero I need.
- Stop beating yourself up. You’re a work in progress. So am I, and you’ve made me better than I was.
- I know some of those who influenced you weren’t kind. But they helped make you the man you are.
- Tough times don’t last. Tough people do. You’re stronger than you know.
- I am always here for you — just as you’re always here for me.
Christian Quotes of Encouragement.
- Christ walked in our shoes.” – Tim Keller
- “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.” – Jim Elliot
- “Remember who you are. Don’t compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth.” – Lysa Terkeurst
- “If you can’t fly, then run, If you can’t run, then walk, If you can’t walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t matter.” – Francis Chan
- “If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!” – D.L. Moody
- “You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read.” – John MacArthur
- “We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we stop to look fear in the face…we must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he’s moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain.” – Randy Alcorn
- “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’” – Billy Graham
- “Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one” – A.W.Tozer
Quotes of Encouragement for Her.
- You are loved more than you can fathom.
- You are chosen and wanted.
- Thank you for being a friend to me.
- I miss you!
- You are important and valued.
- You are not alone even when you feel lonely.
- I admire how strong you are!
- I’m grateful that you are my sister.
- I love how you love the forgotten and care for the afflicted.
- Your ability to make the ordinary beautiful is a true gift!
- I admire how you’ve taken care of yourself!
- You are a fighter and you never give up.
- You are a great wife to your husband!
How should I console my friend?
So simply state what you see or sense to begin consoling someone. Affirm that you understand what they’re saying by expressing it back to them in your own words, then add something like, “I know you’re having such a hard time with this,” or “I’m sorry you’re hurting so badly.”
Encouraging words for Friends passing through hard times.
- Commit to toughing out the tough times and afterward, you’ll be more courageous than you ever were.
- Instead of focusing on whatever’s bothering you, focus on things that bring you joy. This could be nature, friends, or anything you can think of. When you do this, you can gain inner strength and peace of mind.
- You can’t always rely on others to help you when you need them to. But this is only life’s way of teaching you to become a stronger person.
- Tell yourself you matter even when you don’t believe it. Doing so can encourage you to be positive and keep your mind from wandering to the darkest place.
- Make sure to bring the light that shines within you everywhere you go.
- If a friend is ill, be fiercely brave so you can keep him safe.
- Your greatest weakness won’t always be physical. This makes it essential to exercise and uplift your spirit when times get tough.
- Be your genuine self, because no one has the unique strengths you possess.
- No matter how bad life may seem now, things will always improve as long as you commit to never giving up.
Encouraging words and Quotes for Parents and Teachers
You may like also: