50 PLATONIC LOVE QUOTES FOR YOUR PURE RELATIONSHIP.
Looking for quotes on platonic love? The best collection of captivating quotes, sayings, status updates, and captions for platonic love has been compiled by our team.
Plato believed that the most perfect love is the love between two people who are destined to be together because they share a common interest. He called this type of love “Platonic love.” Plato believed that this love is the highest form of love because it is not based on physical attraction, but on a deep connection based on shared values and interests.
Here are some Platonic love quotes from Plato and other Philosopher’s that you might find inspiring:
Related: True love quotes
Platonic Love Quotes
- “When two people are united by a deep friendship, they have a relationship that is more perfect than any other.” -plato
- “A relationship based on common interests is the most perfect form of love.” -plato
- “Love is not a matter of finding the other person attractive, but of finding someone with whom you share common values and interests.” -plato
- “A true friend is someone who will stand by you, no matter what.”. -plato
- “Even before I met you I was far from indifferent to you.” – Oscar Wilde
- “We ought to have lived in mental communion, and no more.” – Thomas Hardy
- “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness that is love.” – Lana Del Rey
- “What makes platonic so beautiful is that it doesn’t go toxic. It’s stagnant but beautiful.” -unknown
- “Love with a bit of friendship minus attraction makes up a platonic love; our kind of love.” -Unknown
- “The madness of love is the greatest of heaven’s blessings.” – Plato
- “Every heart sings a song incomplete until another heart whispers back.” -Unknown
- “The only reward for love is the experience of loving.” – John LeCarre
- “Platonic love concerns itself to the heart.” – Ra Gohar Shahi
- “Platonic love is love from neck up.” – Thyra Samter Winslow
- “Platonic love is like an inactive volcano.” – Andre Pevost
- “Your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.” – Hafiz
- “Sometimes you can’t explain what you see in a person. It’s just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.” -Unknown
Do platonic relationships turn romantic?
Although platonic relationships can develop into sensual or passionate ones, the power usually lies in the close friendship.
- “Show me a genuine case of platonic friendship, and I shall show you two old or homely faces.” – Austin O’Malley
- “As I held your hand, there was no romance. Just the warmth of the platonic love that we share together.” -Unknown
- “What is madness… to go on platonically loving a woman who will never love you.” – Gerard De Nerval
- “I care about you, and you care about me. We’re not a couple, we’re not just friends either. I guess it’s platonic love.” -Unknown
- “I want to avoid unnecessary drama in our love, that’s why I’m thankful for this platonic relationship we have.” -Unknown
- “It’s possible for a girl and a boy to be more than friends and less than lovers; that is platonic love.” -Unknown
- “Platonic love is a fool’s name for the affection between a disability and a frost.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “Ah, mate. My soul loves yours. It does. But this lifetime, my body won’t get on board.” – Molly Ringle
- “We’re less than a couple, but more than friends; we are platonically in love with each other.” -Unknown
- “When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because you knew.” – William Shakespeare
- “I have a deep connection with you, but we are not lovers so it is still intimate in a platonic way.” -Unknown
- “Besides mutual admiration, the first requisite of Platonic friendship is a subtle trace of disdain.
- “The distance between you and me made me realize that love can also be platonic.” – Anulekha
- “Best relations are where you can lay with each other and just talk about anything and everything.” -Unknown
What is a platonic soulmate?
Without the romance normally associated with the term “soulmate,” a platonic soulmate is someone with whom you feel a profound connection and understanding.
- “We were able to convince everyone that it is possible for platonic love to exist over years of being together without any other expectations.”
- “I have platonic relationships with my guy friends. There’s some friends that I’ve kissed or whatever, but it was always just once.” – Aly Michalka
- “I’ve been wondering if in fact ideal platonic love isn’t just an intensely concentrated form of what inspires the best teachers.” – Edmund Marlowe
- “I have that male friend who’s always been my best friend even though people think we’re meant to be lovers someday. We just share a kind of platonic love.”
- “Platonic love comes in may forms, when he bought you coffee, when she complemented your outfit, platonic love is just as good, friend love is good love too.”
- “I’m pretty intense when it comes to relationships, platonic ones as well. If I feel a connection with someone, I’m willing to go there.” – Alexander Skarsgard
- “Platonic love makes everything in a relationship so easy. It’s easy to trust, love and forgive. You do not expect anything in that relationship and therefore there is no pride.”
- “I’ve been thinking and I can’t find a conclusion. I just don’t know which one is worse. Being in love in a totally platonic way or just being empty and cold, not loving anyone.”
- “Platonic or Divine Love: The boy is so handsome! God has created him so beautifully! Vulgar or Earthly Love: The girl is so hot! I wish I could kiss her!” – Md. Ziaul Haque
- “Walking into a platonic Love.Every day I see you walking down my street, I know nothing about you but seeing you is enough to realize that you are my impossible love.”
- “I can’t even find someone for a platonic relationship, much less the kind where someone wants to see me naked.” – Gilbert Gottfried
Related articles on quotes on loves and friendship:
- “And those who only know the non-platonic love have no need to talk of tragedy. In such love there can be no sort of tragedy.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “I love you not because you’re beautiful, but it’s through you that I discover more of myself!” – Ramana Pemmaraju
- “But I think it is a serious issue to wonder about the other platonic absolutes of say beauty and morality.” – Roger Penrose
- “Platonic love. For once you’ll fall in love of a kind where only the soul is involved neither body, nor mind.” – Manju Sachdeva
- “Platonic love knows nothing of holding hands together, all they know is their souls are into each other.
A Play list of Platonic love songs to download and listen 🥰
By Conan Gray —“(Online Love)”
Cavetown —“Hug All Ur Friends”
Alec Benjamin —“I Built a Friend”
Saweetie feat. Doja Cat –“Best Friend”
The Head and the Heart: —“Rivers and Roads”
By Taylor Swift —“Fifteen (Taylor’s Version)”
By Oh Wonder —“Plans”