Good Friday is a significant day in the Christian faith, marking the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. It is a solemn occasion that commemorates the sacrifice made by Jesus to save humanity. Good Friday also marks the start of the Easter weekend, which culminates in the celebration of Jesus Christ’s resurrection on Easter Sunday. This year, Good Friday falls on April 14th, 2023.
As we approach this solemn occasion, it is essential to reflect on the meaning of the day and its significance to the Christian faith. It is also a time to send Easter wishes, quotes, and messages to family and friends. Here are some examples of Good Friday 2023 Easter wishes, quotes, and messages to inspire you:
- May the blessings of Good Friday bring you hope, peace, and love.
- Wishing you a blessed and meaningful Good Friday.
- May you be reminded of the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ on this Good Friday and the hope it brings to our lives.
- Sending you warm wishes for a blessed Easter weekend filled with joy and love.
- May the spirit of Easter fill your heart with hope, faith, and love.
Good Friday blessings Quotes
Good Friday is a time to reflect on the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ and the love and mercy that He offers us. These Good Friday blessings quotes can serve as a reminder of the hope and comfort that we can find in His sacrifice. May you be blessed with peace, hope, and love on this Good Friday and always.
- “Good Friday is not about us trying to “get right with God.” It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity’s insistence that we can be our gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful.” – Nadia Bolz-Weber
- “We may say that on the first Good, Friday afternoon was completed that great act by which light conquered darkness and goodness conquered sin. That is the wonder of our Saviour’s crucifixion.” – Phillips Brooks
- “The dripping blood is our only drink,
The bloody flesh is our only food:
Despite what we like to think
That we are sound, substantial flesh and blood –
Again, despite that, we call this Friday good.” – T.S. Eliot
- “Good Friday is a day of sorrow mingled with joy. It is a time to grieve over the sin of man and to meditate and rejoice upon God’s love in giving His only Son for the redemption of sin.” – David Katski
- “The Cross! There, and there only though the deist rave, and the atheist, if Earth bears so base a slave; There and there only, is the power to save.” – William Cowper
- “May the cross be our comfort, the blood be our hope, and the empty tomb be our joy.” – Unknown
- “Good Friday is a reminder of the precious gift of salvation and the sacrifice that was made for us all.” – Unknown
- “On this Good, Friday, may the love and mercy of Jesus Christ be with you, and may you find peace and comfort in His sacrifice.” – Unknown
- “May the cross of Christ be our hope, the power of His resurrection be our strength, and the love of God be our comfort on this Good Friday.” – Unknown
- “May the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross be a reminder that we are loved beyond measure and that nothing can separate us from the love of God.” – Unknown
Blessed Good Friday wishes
- Life is a maybe, Death is for sure. Sin is the cause, Christ is the cure! Happy Good Friday!
- Thinking of you on Good Friday and praying that the Lord keeps you in His loving care always. Happy Good Friday!
- On this holy day, may His light guide your path, may His love grace your heart, and may His sacrifice strengthen your soul! Good Friday!
- He bore it all in silence because He held us dear. May He receive our regards, and may our prayers be answered. Have a Good Friday!
- May the loving kindness of the high God be with you as you take the time to revere His name this Good Friday.
- Take a promise to love, forgive, and live a life full of peace on this Good Friday. Have a blessed Good Friday!
- I wish the Lord will keep you in his loving care now and always. Happy Good Friday!
- May God give you mercy and forgiveness. May He shower you with love and His Blessings. Wishing a very Happy Good Friday to you!
- May the Lord shine his blessings upon you on this holy day. May He always keep you in his loving care. Have a blessed Good Friday!
- Good Friday is beautiful because it reminds us that we matter to the great Lord. Have a divine Good Friday with your family and loved ones!
- May your faith in God bring peace to your heart and new hope in your lives. May God always bless you! Have a Blessed Good Friday!
Good Friday Messages
- On this Good Friday, may the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ inspire us to live a life of love, compassion, and kindness towards one another.
- May this Easter weekend be a time of reflection, renewal, and gratitude for the love and grace of God.
- Let us remember the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ on this Good Friday and be reminded of the hope it brings to our lives.
- May the blessings of Easter fill your heart with joy and peace.
- Wishing you a blessed Good Friday and a joyful Easter weekend filled with love and laughter.
Good Friday Morning Quotes
- He drained the cup of God’s wrath bone dry, leaving not a drop for us to drink. – Richard Allen Bodey
- The Cross was the manifestation of Divine love without reserve or limit, but it was also the expression of man’s unutterable malignity. – Sir Robert Anderson
- Christmas and Easter can be subjects for poetry, but Good Friday, like Auschwitz, cannot. The reality is so horrible it is not surprising that people should have found it a stumbling block to faith. ― W.H. Auden
- Our Lord has written the promise of the resurrection, not in books alone but in every leaf in springtime. – Martin Luther
- It was inevitable that Jesus Christ should be crucified. It was also inevitable that He should rise again. – H. R. L. Sheppard
- If Christ is God, He cannot sin, and if suffering was a sin in and by itself, He could not have suffered and died for us. However, since He took the most horrific death to redeem us, He showed us in fact that suffering and pain have great power. – E.A. Bucchianeri
- What is good about Good Friday? Why isn’t it called Bad Friday? Because out of the appallingly bad came what was inexpressibly good. And the good trumps the bad because though the bad was temporary, the good is eternal. – Randy Alcorn
- Good Friday and Easter free us to think about other things far beyond our fate, about the ultimate meaning of all life, suffering, and events; and we lay hold of great hope. – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- The Cross! There, and there only though the deist rave, and the atheist, if Earth bears so base a slave; There and there only, is the power to save. – William Cowper
- Good Friday is a day of sorrow mingled with joy. It is a time to grieve over the sin of man and to meditate and rejoice in God’s love in giving His only Son for the redemption of sin. – David Katski
- Practice mercy and forgiveness throughout as a lesson that symbolizes the love shown through his crucifixion. – Unarine Ramaru
- Good Friday is a day of hope. It is a day when we look forward to a brighter tomorrow. Many things have happened to change the course of our lives, but it has not shaken our faith. – Rev Dr. Peola Hicks
See also: Dirty Paragraph Generator
Good Friday Bible Quotes
These Good Friday Bible quotes remind us of the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made on the cross for our sins and the love and grace that God has shown us through His death and resurrection. May we reflect on the significance of this day and be reminded of the hope and salvation that we have through faith in Him.
- “He bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds, you have been healed.” – 1 Peter 2:24
- “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds, we are healed.” – Isaiah 53:5
- “When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, ‘It is finished,’ and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.” – John 19:30
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” – John 3:16
- “But God demonstrates his love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8
- “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.” – Romans 5:1-2
- “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.” – 1 Peter 3:18
- “And he said to them, ‘This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.'” – Mark 14:24
- “But we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.” – 1 Corinthians 1:23
- “For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” – 1 Corinthians 1:18
In conclusion, Good Friday 2023 is a time to reflect on the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the love that He demonstrated for us on the cross. These Good Friday wishes, quotes, and messages can serve as a reminder of the hope and comfort that we can find in His sacrifice. May we be blessed with peace, hope, and love on this day and always.
Apart from Good Friday, April 2023 is also a month of many other celebrations, such as Earth Day, Easter Sunday, and Passover. Earth Day is a time to reflect on our impact on the environment and take action to protect our planet. Easter Sunday is a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ and the hope and salvation that He offers us. Passover is a Jewish festival that commemorates the liberation of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt.
May we take time to reflect on the significance of each of these celebrations and be reminded of the hope, peace, and joy that they bring to our lives.