200+ Famous Quotes of All Time: Black & Shakespeare’s
Looking for Famous Quotes? To get you started, check out these timeless quotations. Quotes are a fantastic way to express oneself and be inspired, and some of them have been used so frequently that they are now well-known in their own right.
Even if you are unaware of who first stated some of the well-known quotes you have heard throughout your life. So take pleasure in these quotations from illustrious individuals and discover some new favorites today.
Famous Quotes of All Time
- The greatest glory in living lies not in falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. -Walt Disney
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. -Steve Jobs
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough. -Oprah Winfrey
- If you set your goals ridiculously high and it’s a failure, you will fail above everyone else’s success. -James Cameron
- Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. -John Lennon
- “Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.” -Marilyn Monroe
- “Life is a long lesson in humility.” -James M. Barrie
- “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” -Robert Frost
- “Love the life you live. Live the life you love.” -Bob Marley
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” -Helen Keller
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” -Dr. Seuss”
- Life is made of ever so many partings welded together.” -Charles Dickens
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier. -Mother Teresa
- When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on. -Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. -Margaret Mead
- Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. -Robert Louis Stevenson
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. -Benjamin Franklin
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart. -Helen Keller
- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. -Aristotle
- Whoever is happy will make others happy too. -Anne Frank
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Related: Bible Quotes About Life
Famous Quotes of Shakespeare
The top William Shakespeare Famous Quotes may surprise you with some of his lesser-known lines while reassuring you of some of his most memorable ones.
- “We know what we are, but know not what we may be.”
- “Sweet are the uses of adversity which, like the toad, ugly and venomous, wears yet a precious jewel in his head.”
- “Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.”
- “Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.”
- “Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.”
- “How poor are they that have not patience! What wound did ever heal but by degrees?”
- “Nothing can come of nothing.”
- “How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.”
- “What’s done can’t be undone.”
- “Though she be but little, she is fierce.”
- “No legacy is so rich as honesty.”
- “This above all; to thine own self be true.”
- “I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.”
- “The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief.”
- “The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.”
- “One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.”
- “What is past is prologue.”
- “Small cheer and great welcome makes a merry feast.”
- “Sweet mercy is nobility’s true badge.”
- “I would not wish any companion in the world but you.”
- “Self-love, my liege, is not so vile a sin, as self-neglecting.”
- “Doubt thou the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move. Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love.”
- “I am one who loved not wisely but too well.”
- “A young woman in love always looks like patience on a monument smiling at grief.”
- “My bounty is as boundless as the sea, my love as deep; the more I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.”
- “They do not love that do not show their love.”
Famous Bible Quotes
Saying these Famous Bible Quotes help build the faith.
- John 16:33
“In the world, you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
- Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
- Philippians 4:6–7 (NIV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Psalm 34:4–5, 8
I sought the LORD, and He answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant, and their faces shall never be ashamed. Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
- Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.
- Joshua 1:9
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Matthew 6:31–34 (NIV)
“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or “What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
- Proverbs 3:5–6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make straight your paths.
- Romans 15:13 (NIV)
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
“If my people who are called by My name humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
- Philippians 2:3–4
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests but also to the interests of others.
- Isaiah 41:13
“For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, ‘Fear not, I am the one who helps you.'”
- 1 Peter 5:6–7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
- Psalm 94:18–19
When I thought, “My foot slips,” Your steadfast love, O LORD, helped me up. When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul.
- Revelation 21:4
“He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And He who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”
Top Women Famous Quotes.
- Being a strong woman is hard: you’re a role model for your daughter and the ideal woman for a son
- Most strong women have been damaged. That’s why they’re strong: they know that they can survive.
- A strong woman is powerful: she uses her voice even when the whole world is silent.
- Women are strong enough to step out of the history that holds them back. They’re powerful enough to create a new story.
- A strong lady never holds others responsible for her mistakes. She understands that she is in charge of her own destiny.
- Fearless women are strong. They are not afraid of storms because it is during storms that we learn how to sail the ship.
- Don’t be frightened to express yourself.
- Never put yourself in jeopardy: you are the only person who can be trusted! Because you always have your now, not yesterday or tomorrow, think in the present.
- Don’t be afraid to surrender. It doesn’t imply you’re a weakling; it just means you’re capable of leaving on time!
- Always strive to be the best version of yourself, but never the second-best version of others!
- Rather than following a man, opt to follow your heart!
- Only when all men see that women are their equals, not only at home but in all aspects of life, will an ideal society emerge.
- Our world is made up of more than just men and women: it is made up of people! Men have nothing more than rights, and women have nothing less than rights.
- You can’t blame a woman for wanting to do things that males have done! Even if she fails, her failure will serve as a test for others.
- Never let anyone tell you that “women can’t do it, it’s only for men!” ” Make extraordinary efforts, but leave a lasting impression! First and foremost, we are all people.
- By their very nature, all women with a voice are powerful. The actual issue is locating this voice.
- When a woman has to win a fight, don’t expect her to stand aside. A lady who can bear a kid is capable of wielding a sword.
- There is not any person, who is able to dim the light that shines from a strong woman.
- If you want to be a strong woman, be fearless, and nobody will dare to do anything; be independent and never back down.
Famous Quotes for sports
- There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
- “Always make a total effort, even when the odds are against you.” – Arnold Palmer
- If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito. “
- Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible.” – Frank L. Gaines
- The man who has no imagination has no wings.” – Muhammad Ali
- Today, you have 100% of your life left.” – Tom Landry
- “A trophy carries dust. Memories last forever.” – Mary Lou Retton
- “Age is no barrier. It’s a limitation you put on your mind.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.” – Ernie Banks
- “It is not the size of a man but the size of his heart that matters.” – Evander Holyfield
Related: Best football captions
Famous Black-men Quotes
From Famous Black leaders like Martin Luther King, Jr., Frederick Douglass, and Toni Morrison. Below are some black men quotes that will inspire you..
- The time is always right to do what is right.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Freedom is never given; it is won.” –A. Philip Randolph
- “We will not march back to what was. We move to what shall be, a country that is bruised, but whole. Benevolent, but bold. Fierce and free.” –Amanda Gorman
- “Even in dark times, we not only dream, but we also do. We not only see what has been, we see what can be. We shoot for the moon, and then we plant our flag on it. We are bold, fearless, and ambitious. We are undaunted in our belief that we shall overcome; that we will rise up. This is American aspiration.” –Kamala Harris
- “History has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own. –Michelle Obama
- “The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression.” –W.E.B. Du Bois
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” –Nelson Mandela
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” –Malcolm X
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” –Frederick Douglass
- “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” –Barack Obama
- “I what must be done does away with fear.” –Rosa Parks
- “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.” –Jackie Robinson
- “My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.” –Desmond Tutu
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” –Martin Luther King Jr.
- “It isn’t where you come from; it’s where you’re going that counts.” –Ella Fitzgerald
- “Character is power.” –Booker T. Washington
- “I don’t have a feeling of inferiority. Never had. I’m as good as anybody, but no better.” –Katherine Johnson
- “In recognizing the humanity of our fellow beings, we pay ourselves the highest tribute.” –Thurgood Marshall
- “Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” –Coretta Scott King
- “If you wake up deciding what you want to give versus what you’re going to get, you become a more successful person. In other words, if you want to make money, you have to help someone else make money.” –Russell Simmons
- “Defining myself, as opposed to being defined by others, is one of the most difficult challenges I face.” –Carol Moseley-Braun
You may like also: