12 Sad Drinking Quotes That Will Make You Cry
There are many sad drinking quotes out there that can make you feel down about your drinking. One example is “A drink once a day keeps the doctor away, but a drink every other day keeps the madness away.” This quote is from Ernest Hemingway and it is a reminder that drinking in moderation is important for your mental health. Another quote that is often used to justify drinking is “Without drink, life is dreary indeed.” This quote is from the author Charles Dickens and it is a reminder that alcohol can be a way to escape from the everyday mundanity of life.
What’s all about these sad drinking quotes? George Carlin will say “One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.” People from my axis will say there’s nothing better than a cold beer. Also, There is no such thing as a bad beer. The only difference is in the taste. Some taste better than others. Do you feel sad drinking beer or do you feel the opposite?… Everything comes with pain or a gain…
My colleague usually asks a random question if alcohol or drinking beer generates happiness? To me, I will say this will be a fact in response that alcohol increases the activities in the dopamine – (Best Approach To Stimulate Your 4 Happy Hormones) hormones in the mesothelioma limbic comfort pathway. This also happens to the opioid cells that release endorphins (hormones your body releases when it feels pain or stress). Both of these hormones produce feelings of joy, pleasure, and euphoria depending on the type of activation triggered by the drink or alcohol. This is a reason why most times to drink can so pleasure able.
After listing these 12 sad drinking quotes that will make you cry. Be calm take a break and find what gives you happiness the more! Nevertheless, the case might still lead to one tequila, two tequila, and soon on… But before that take a breath and read through the sad drinking quotes…
12 Sad Drinking Quotes
- “Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extremely happy, severely brain-damaged three-year-old.” —-John Green, Paper Towns
- “Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness.” – Seneca
- Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable.” – G.K. Chesterton
- “I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.” – Winston Churchill
- Money, like vodka, can play queer tricks with a man.” – Anton Chekhov
- Always do sober what you said you’d do when you were drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut!” – Ernest Hemingway
- “After the first glass, you see things as you wish they were. After the second, you see things as they are not. Finally, you see things as they are, and that is the most horrible thing in the world.” –Oscar Wilde, on absinthe
- “I like liquor — its tastes and effects — and that is just the reason why I’ll never drink it.” –Stonewall Jackson
- “Talking to a drunk person was like talking to an extremely happy, severely brain-damaged three-year-old.” –John Green, Paper Towns
- “[I]t is the wine that leads me on, the wild wine that sets the wisest man to sing at the top of his lungs, laugh like a fool — it drives the man to dance… it even tempts him to blurt out stories better never told.” – Homer, The Odyssey
- “From the fool and the drunkard you may learn the truth.” –Modern Greek proverb
- “A drink is shorter than a tale.” –Scottish proverb
Pick a stunning Sad drinking quotes images of your choice
You can also read this life quotes to live by when facing sad times.
You may like also:
What can be your drinking quotes?
- ” One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.” —George Carlin.
- “ I drink to make other people more interesting.” —Ernest Hemingway.
- “ Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.” —Ogden Nash.
Why do humans love to drink?
The fact that we utilize it so frequently in social settings is the key. Alcohol activates the endorphin system in the brain, which is the key to this. Opioid neurotransmitters called endorphins are a component of the brain’s pain-controlling system.
Is it possible to have fun without drinking or booze?
You can have more fun and give yourself a fresh start by signing up for a dance class, volunteer organization, martial arts club, or sports team. You can then establish yourself as someone who partakes in these activities but abstains from alcohol.
Is it acceptable to get drunk / binge drink alone?
There is a thin line between occasionally getting wasted alone and becoming an addiction. Although alcoholism does not necessarily result from lone drinking, it can raise the chance of developing an alcohol addiction.
If you are feeling down after a night of drinking, instead of drinking till stupor or taking much alcohol. Here are some ideas apart from the above sad drinking quotes to help you feel better:
1. Take a hot bath. This will help relax you and help you to fall asleep.
2. Write in a journal. This will help you process your thoughts and feelings and can be a cathartic experience.
3. Watch a movie or TV show that makes you feel happy.
4. Talk to a friend or family member. This can help to boost your morale and distract you from your sadness.
5. Play a game or do something fun. This will help to take your mind off of your thoughts and feel better.
How edifying is this article, tell us by adding a like and dropping your comments ?